by Jessi Klein
- midcentury emotionally withholding
- “take care of your own bird”
- into men who would best be described as consistently horrible.
- you have a tape that’s playing in your head. You need to decide to stop playing the tape.
- want to be sexy and comfortable and I want men to want to unwrap me like I’m a Christmas gift, but I also want to be left alone and take a nap
- At this point in the monologue, I had the sudden realization that the completely illogical circular argument I was building was not unlike what men must tell themselves as they plan to murder their wives.
Annotations is a series of excepts from the books I am reading this year. When I finish each book I go through the lines I have marked and share them with you.